Every two years we are fortunate to take part in a PGL Outdoor Education trip to Liddington in Wiltshire. PGL specialise in ‘learning outside the classroom’ and aim to achieve the following learning objectives:
- Leadership, teamwork, communication and problem solving are all key skills that your pupils will develop and make progress with on a PGL multi-activity course.
- Their renewed enthusiasm and motivation for learning will inspire success in many other areas of their education, often leading to raised levels of attainment.
- Overcoming new challenges with the support of their peers, teachers and PGL staff helps to improve self-confidence.
- The outdoors environment provides many opportunities for your pupils to work closely together and will help improve their social awareness.
- Reaching goals as a team means pupils are able to recognise the achievements of others as well as their own.
- You’ll notice improvements in many personal qualities such as self-reliance, responsibility, initiative and perseverance.
- Pupils leave with an appreciation for the benefits of health and physical fitness.
This year we will be taking our year 5 & 6 pupils on the 7th - 9th June.