The Priors School is proud to have achieve our Bronze Healthy Schools award and are currently working hard to achieve the Healthy Schools Silver Award accreditation this year.
A Healthy School:
If you would like to find out more information, visit their website at: https://www.healthyschools.org.uk/
We have completed our health check and are confident that we are a Healthy School. However, we have identified some important next steps to improve our provision for the children. Some of these are:
1. Effective implementation and evaluation of our new PSHE curriculum;
2. Continue to improve Pupil Voice across all areas of the school;
3. Develop our food education provision;
4. Work in partnership with key stakeholders to develop a wide range of active travel to school initiatives; and
5. Develop parental workshops around PSHE and SEMH provision.
If you would like more information, or to become involved, please contact Mrs Jackson.
We are currently working on developing our School Travel Plan, so that we can reduce the number of car journeys to and from school; ultimately aiming to develop an increase in the number of pupils walking, cycling or scooting. We are also looking at ways to remove any potential barriers to these.
We will send parent and pupil questionnaires home about this in the near future and will ask for some parental support in developing our plan.
If you feel that you would be able to support us with this, please contact Mrs Jackson.